Saturday, July 28, 2012

Stuffed Animal Book Ends

So this project is actually a gift for my friend, Sarah's, sweet baby girl, Josephine.  She is expected to arrive in a few weeks.  :) I read of a similar idea in a book years ago and I am just finally getting around to trying it out.

But... the same idea could be used for your classroom.  I am thinking of using a few of my characters from Kohl's Kids Who Care.

Here's what you need...

Materials: 
2 stuffed animals  $5.00 each
3lb bag of River Rocks $2.99
Puff Pant $1.49
Needle and thread



I scored two "Frenchies" - the famous dog from Fancy Nancy at Walmart

These book ends are SUPER simple to make.  First, you snip a hole in the bottom.  I removed just a little bit of the stuffing.  Then, drop in about 1.5 lbs of the river rocks.  Make sure you stuff some rocks in the legs too!  Sew up the bottom.  Last, I painted the bottoms of each Frenchie with the puff paint so that they wouldn't slide.  Of course you have to allow for a little drying time.


Ta Da!  It only took about 10 minutes from start to finish!  (minus the drying time of course)  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment